TibiaBot EV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tibia Hacks

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scorp130n
Owner
Owner
scorp130n

Character sheet
Experience:
Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe Left_bar_bleue500/1000Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe Empty_bar_bleue  (500/1000)

Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe Empty
PostSubject: Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe   Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:21 pm

Ok, let's get the obvious out of the way. Mortal Kombat, versus DC universe. The idea sounded chaotic when it was first announced. I admit I hated the fact that you got DC in my Mortal Kombat. But as the game drew closer to release, it drew me in even more.

Graphics 8/10

The use of the Unreal 3 engine in Mortal Kombat did wonders. From Deadly Alliance to Armageddon, the character models all had this weird look about them. Now that the greatness of Unreal 3 has been put into place, Mortal Kombat basically went Super Sayin in the graphics department. Character's clothes rip, faces get bruised, and even Scorpion's mask gets broken off to reveal a skull underneath; All in real time. Lighting and textures look better than ever. Boon and Co. really went out of their way on this one, which I think we can agree they haven't done in a long time.

Sound- 10/10

The sound in MK has always been awesome, despite the voice acting (who the hell talks like that, anyway?), the screams, grunts, and yells all sound crystal clear thanks to next gen sound remixing. I especially like the new announcer voice, it's a deeper, darker, raspier sound.

Control - 9/10

Not much has changed from the past, basic controls that have been about the same since deadly alliance. Few minor tweaks here and there, and each character no longer has a specific throw, it's changed to Klose Quarters Kombat for R1, and then a generic throw for L1. A lot of the character's moves have been changed back to the original button combination they used to be. For example, Scorpion, his spear is no <--, -->, Square. It's <--, <-- Square again.

Gameplay - 9/10

This is where it gets good. Boon and Co. pull this game off VERY WELL. The fighting engine recieved a big boost, Kombat is more fluid than past iterations. The all new rage mode adds an interesting scenario to the match, in which, when rage mode is active, you cannot be hit, and you receive an increase to your strength; However, if your opponent enters rage mode as well, you are again vulnerable to attacks as well as the extra strength rage mode applies. Free Fall Kombat could not have been done better, sure, it seems like a gimmick, but give it a shot before you do. Klose Quarters is an interesting mini game that gives the game a chance to show off the character models up close. But both of these "mini-games" Require you to press buttons, and if your opponent picks the same button as you, the attack gets reversed, and any damage you dealt out gets reversed to you.
Test your might is an interesting new attribute, in which you slam your opponent into a wall, and proceed to charge them through a building while you're pressing buttons on your controller, thus causing more and more damage.

Story - 8/10

I admit that Boon and Co. pull this combination off, rather well in fact. But it does get a bit silly from time to time, and I'll let you play it to find out what it is.

Overall - 8/10

The game is great, it's fun to play for hours on end, whether you're a casual player, hardcore MK fan, or hardcore DC fan. Please, do not let the fatalities discourage you either, they are what they are, but they work. They've been toned down, but it wont matter. You completely forget about it the minute you land that first punch.
Back to top Go down
https://evolutionbot.forumotion.com
scourtlind

scourtlind

Character sheet
Experience:
Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe Left_bar_bleue0/0Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe   Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:34 pm

Meh i agree with you story was great and the game play was excellent since they introducted the free fall combat, test your might and that other thing when you grap your opponent and big the shit out of him only complaint i seem to have with the game is the falalities/brutality. i cant seem to get the right distance away or maybe i just fail at the control. x_x
Back to top Go down
ZeroKnight
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
ZeroKnight

Character sheet
Experience:
Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe Left_bar_bleue0/0Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe   Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:51 pm

Mortal Kombat pwns Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe   Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TibiaBot EV :: Gaming :: Gaming Consoles :: Playstation/1/2/3-
Jump to: